We’re out of the snow and cold and into fragrant and sunny May. It’s delightful to work with my laptop out on the screened porch before the northeast humidity sets in for summer.
In the last few months, I’ve had the good fortune of expanding my business offerings by supporting small business owners in their writing endeavors as well as working with my publishing clients.
Without further ado, some highlights from the last few months include:
- Copyediting two journals for University of Illinois Press, which included articles about animal lives in the marketplace and instrumental music teacher identity (obviously from different journals!)
- Proofreading a trade book on entrepreneurship
- Compiling a glossary for a nursing informatics textbook
- Writing copy for a coach launching her new website
- Blogging for a fitness entrepreneur
- Reviewing business documents for an architect
- Editing web articles on crafts and parenting
I’ll add that I finally finished reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (I am about two years behind the zeitgeist!). What should I put on my reading list for summer?
May and June look full of interesting and challenging projects. Expect an update in hot and humid July!