It’s nearing the end of July, and we’ve got a heatwave in Philadelphia. I’m beating the sweltering weather during these dog days in the central air, as I wrap up several projects with impending deadlines.
Here’s what I’ve been working on for the last few months:
- Contributing to finalizing chapters of a nursing textbook, including finding art and editing references
- Coding and finalizing chapters for another nursing textbook
- Editing a graduate-level dissertation on neuroscience and information technology
- Copyediting journals on Mormon history and music education
- Proofreading a book on the physics of nothing and a small gift book on the virtues of Christmas
- Reviewing updated resumes
- Writing articles on diabetes, yoga, gluten free diets, and other health subjects
When I’m not working, I’m balancing this docket of work with some pretty breezy summer reads–mostly celebrity memoirs. It’s fun to take a peek into some icons of our present day, including some pretty funny ladies who’ve enjoyed success at Saturday Night Live and beyond.